Everyone needs a trading platform that is effective and does not cost a lot of money. Further, if the platform lets you switch between automated and manual trading, it makes the deal even better.
Cryptohopper is an all-in-one trading platform designed to automate trades. It can also copy experienced traders(copy trading), set signals that alert you, and do much more. We have brought you a comprehensive Cryptohopper review that will help you understand the platform and how you can get benefitted from it.
Table of Contents
- Cryptohopper supports all exchanges.
- User a friendly platform and has how-to guides to help you at each stage.
- Both copy trading and manual trading are available.
- Free tier and 7-day trial on premium plans are available.
- Create an account in 4 simple steps.
- Algorithmic-based trading platform.
- Also available as a Mobile app
What is Cryptohopper?
Ruud Feltkamp created Cryptohopper in September 2017. It is a trading bot that claims to help traders leverage trading opportunities in the cryptocurrency markets. You can also automate your trades on mobile using the Cryptohopper app. The software conducts investment analysis and automatically positions trades in auto trading.
When it comes to semi-automated trading, this app copy and suggest strategies from the best crypto traders. This method is known as copy trading, and people widely use it in forex and stock trading.
How does Cryptohopper bot work?
Cryptohopper allows you to trade in a fully automated way and manually.
Fully automated trading entails the robot doing all investment analysis and automatically placing trades. The manual version includes users’ custom strategies and trade executions that are done by them.
It is also worth noting that Cryptohopper allows trades on margin, with most of its brokers offering leverage of up to 1:100x. When you use margin trading, you can position trades that are larger than your trading resources. For example, a leverage of 1:100 means that you can set a trade that is 100 times larger than your money.
How to get started with Cryptohopper?
The registration process with Cryptohopper is safe and easy. You can open an account and begin trading in less than ten minutes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started with this robot.
Create Your Account
To begin, enter your desired username along with your email and set a password. An activation link will be sent to your entered email address. Click on the activation link in your email to activate your Cryptohopper account.
Cryptohopper is GDPR compliant and therefore has all safeguards in place to protect its clients. We can also verify that their affiliated brokers are well regulated and highly competent. CySEC, ASIC, and FCA govern the vast majority.
Step 1 – Set up your Cryptohopper Account
After clicking on the email verification link, enter your full name and your country.
Step 2. Select your Exchange
The Next Step is to connect your crypto exchange. Cryptohopper supports all major crypto exchanges. You need to provide API Key and API Secret in order to provide access to your exchange.
You need to choose an exchange, configure the bot using the API keys of your desired exchange, and set up simple hopper configurations. The procedure is effortless, and each step includes links to tutorials and additional valuable details.
Note: Never provide full information to any trading bot, only provide information that is required by that trading bot and be aware of the application demands withdrawal permissions.
Step 3. Bot Selection
You will be asked to choose one of the two bots that are available on the cryptohopper platform. The first bot is an automated bot that copies the trades of professional and expert traders. The second option lets you build your own bot. We suggest only advanced users select the build your bot option.
Step 4. Bot Settings
Now it’s time to automate your strategy. These strategies are called Hoppers on Cryptohopper. You need to define when and how you will buy an asset and when and how you will sell an asset and the hopper will performance that task automatically based on your parameters.
For beginners, we would recommend using pre-built hoppers. However, before allowing any hopper to trade with real funds, you should always perform proper backtesting on them. You can find many hopper templates on the Cryptohopper marketplace too.
You can start using your hopper right away, and once you’ve used the wizard and set up your account, you’ll be able to access a slew of features from the dashboard. You can subscribe to signals, customize templates, start back testing your bot, and enable two-factor authentication on your account.
Cryptohopper Review: Demo Trading
Cryptohopper allows backtesting or demo trading. You must choose a trading strategy and set stop loss, and take benefit functions in the demo trading account.
Backtesting is based on historical data and therefore does not represent what you would make in live trading. We recommend that you begin with a demo account before moving on to live to trade.
Manual investors can use Cryptohopper’s platform for free. Track your portfolio, execute trades in real-time using Cryptohopper’s trading terminal, and use strategy backtesting features for free. There is no minimum deposit needed to begin using any Cryptohopper kit.
Still, the platform does suggest depositing at least €300 to your preferred exchange so that Cryptohopper can spread risk through multiple transactions while still meeting minimum trade requirements.
Cryptohopper Review: Features
Cryptohopper’s features mentioned above make it appealing to a broader range of users. As a result, we believe that most users searching for crypto trading bots should give them a shot.
Cryptohopper Market Making Bot
Here is a simple and quick explanation of how market making works.
Suppose you have launched a new token or exchange, therefore you will need liquidity so people can easily buy and sell assets and get the best market prices. Here market making bot continuously adds buy and sell orders and makes small profits because of the spread gap. Cryptohopper helps you create your own market making a bot for different market trends. Check out the following video to learn more about the market making bot.
Cryptohopper Market Arbitrage Tool
Arbitrage is a technique when you buy an asset in one market and sell it in the other market and make a profile because of the price difference of the asset in these markets. When done correctly, this is a very lucrative aspect of trading due to the price differences between exchanges.
Cryptohopper provides you with the resources you need to begin arbitrage trading on your own. It has two types of arbitrage:
- Exchange Arbitrage: The prices between the exchange can be different depending on the supply and demand. To engage in exchange arbitrage, you must own the coins with which you wish to arbitrage. Suppose your base currency is USD, and you’ve noticed that IOTA, ATOM, and ADA are prone to providing arbitrage opportunities among certain exchanges. Then, you’ll need to have both of these coins on two (or more) exchanges where you want to arbitrage.
- Market Arbitrage: The Market Arbitrage bot would search for inefficiencies in the market inside a single exchange. It can accomplish this by exploiting price discrepancies between the currencies listed on your exchange. More precisely, it will execute three different trades to increase the sum of the selected base coin. Market arbitrage is most effective on markets with low trading volumes.
To learn more read our guide on crypto arbitrage.
The Cryptohopper’s arbitrage tool is handy, especially for beginners. There are periods when you will profit from price differentials between exchanges.
Cryptohopper Strategy Designer
The strategy builder is the core feature of the Cryptohopper. The Strategy Designer helps you to design your trading strategy. A strategy is a collection of technological indicators and candlestick patterns that can be used to automatically open and close positions. You can also share and sell your strategies with other users through their Cryptohopper marketplace.
Cryptohopper Review: Paper Trading Mode
Firstly, we recommend all new users should use Paper Trading before spending any money on a platform with which they are unfamiliar. Secondly, this is an excellent function for testing your strategies to see if they are profitable.
In this mode, you will make fictitious fund deposits to your paper trading account. This will help you to get a sense of what trading would be like with different quantities.
On Cryptohopper, creating and deleting paper trading accounts is a breeze. As a result, you will once again learn how to use the platform safely and profitably.
Cryptohopper Mirror Trading
Cryptohopper Mirror trading is completely free to use and allows you to buy templates, strategies or signals and trade autonomously. The platform offers a marketplace where you can easily judge the performance of signalers. Therefore, you don’t need to follow the sell signals they send, but you can also Semi copy a trader. Use the Stop-Loss to protect against deep losses, and let the Trailing Stop-Loss help you sell at the right moment. Moreover, templates are preconfigured Hoppers that have these settings set up already for you. Do you want more control? Strategies are basically packages with algorithms that scan the markets for you. You can back-test these strategies to see if they perform well in the current market.
Cryptohopper has now come with a free plan as compared to only paid plans earlier. The pricing is based on the number of positions(trades) you can make.
- The Pioneer kit is available or free and allows the user to take 20 positions. It also offers portfolio management tools and manual trading tools across all available exchanges.
- The Explorer kit comes with 50 positions. It includes all the benefits of the free tier and also lets users try it for 7 days before they make a payment. The price for the explorer kit is $16.58 per month.
- The Adventurer kit is Cryptohopper’s middle account tier. The Adventurer package contains all of the features included in the Explorer package, plus 150 more trading positions. You’ll have to pay $41.58 a month to get access to the Adventurer package’s features.
- The Hero kit allows you to reach up to 500 positions and is available for $83.25. There is a discount of $189 when you purchase an annual plan. You’ll also have access to Cryptohopper’s advanced features including support for all coins, marketing strategies, and algorithmic intelligence. These features can make your trading more effective than earlier.
Cryptohopper Mobile App Review
Cryptohopper’s easy setup and all-inclusive functionality are now available on its Apple and Android smartphone platforms. Several of the features we like about the Cryptohopper app are as follows:
- High-level security features: The Cryptohopper app includes biometric security features to ensure that your assets are only accessible by you.
- Optional push notifications: Configure push notifications to receive real-time updates on predefined causes, trends, pending orders, and other events. From your phone’s main screen, you can monitor your progress and positions.
- You can place orders with a single click. Cryptohopper’s web app is just as simple to use as its desktop counterparts.
- Execute trades using a single order and control your positions from anywhere.
Cryptohopper Customer Service Review
Cryptohopper provides users with many options for contacting customer service:
- Online Chat Support– To use Cryptohopper’s online chat, go to their website. To enter the live chat, click the blue speech bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of the home screen.
- Ticket Service– To use ticketing customer support, you must already have a Cryptohopper account. There is currently no phone option for customer service needs.
Is Cryptohopper legit?
Cryptohopper appears to be a trustworthy trading bot. Our investigation reveals that this robot is genuine (it trades on your behalf), straightforward, and user-friendly. In addition, we can confirm that all of their partner brokers are well controlled.
Additionally, the platform is running for approximately 5 years and there is no major glitch that incurred loss for its users.
CryptoHopper trading bot uses API keys to trade on your behalf, and hence it cannot make any withdrawals from your trading account. We’ve also discovered that this robot’s customer service is accessible, competent, and polite.
Keep in mind that trading with automated robots, such as Cryptohopper, is risky. Please don’t put more money into it than you can afford to lose.
Cryptohopper Review: Pros and Cons
|Does not charge a commission on top of monthly payments.
|There are no phone customer service options.
|Access to high-level research software for investors
|To gain access to the most useful functionality, you must subscribe to a monthly plan.
|Advanced security features are included in the comprehensive mobile app.
Cryptohopper Review: Conclusion
Cryptohopper allows traders to produce income more consistently. The combination of technical indicators and third-party trading experts or crypto signal providers, the template, and backtesting functionality gives traders more choices.
Although Cryptohopper is fundamentally an algorithmic trading bot, it is simple to set up and use, making it suitable for new and experienced traders. The company has worked hard to create a user-friendly platform for beginners, and new users can also access comprehensive education and community-led resource pages. The free tier allows users to explore the platform before even committing to buy any plan.
Where is Cryptohopper located?
Cryptohopper is located in Johan van Hasseltweg 18, Amsterdam and was founded in 2017.
How long does the free trial of cryptohopper lasts?
There are three main pricing plans available; however, Cryptohopper also allows members to make use of a free trial for 7 days, known as the “Pioneer Plan”.
Who is the founder of Cryptohopper?
Ruud Feltkamp is the founder of cryptohopper.
How to use Cryptohopper?
Cryptohopper can be used to automate your trading. You can connect your exchange through API keys and set instructions for your bot to do trading. Even with the free account in Cryptohopper, you can make 20 positions in various trades, manage your portfolio and connect all exchanges.