After reviewing and doing our research, here we will review the 5 best crypto exchanges in Australia. Numerous crypto exchanges are available in the market, and for better trading, users need to understand which one is best and which one is providing more security. We tried to mention all the necessary details in this article that will help you decide which exchange is best.
|Supported Currencies||AUD||USD, EUR, PHP, AUD, GBP, RUB||AUD||USD, AUD, CAD, HKD, EUR||AUD, USD, JPY, EUR, CAD, CHF|
|Trading fees||0.1%||0.1%||0.6%||0.3%||Depends on trading volume|
|Payment method||Bank transfer, BPAY, Cash, POLi, PayID||PayID, OSKO,||POLi, PayID, OSKO, Bank transfer, Credit card||Bank transfer, debit card, Wire transfer||Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Crypto, Swift|
|Blogs and Learning||Yes||yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Table of Contents
- CoinSpot offers 310+ digital assets with 0.1% trading fee.
- Binance is the biggest crypto exchange in Australia in terms of trading volume.
- Free bonus is available after signing up in Swyftx.
- Referral and Affiliate programs are available in every crypto exchange with good benefits.
- Kraken is the oldest crypto exchange; however, it was launched in Australia after a long time.
CoinSpot – Top Australian Crypto Exchange
CoinSpot has been in Australia since 2013, and it is certified with Blockchain Australia and Sci Qual. The user count of CoinSpot is more than 2 million in Australia. It offers more than 310 digital assets and allows users to buy, sell and swap their benefits. Anyone over the age of 16 can open an account with their email, mobile number, and ID proof.
Read our CoinSpot review to know more.
Also, read: CoinJar vs CoinSpot | Which is the Best Australian Crypto Exchange?
Features of CoinSpot
- Security: CoinSpot provides two-factor authentication, custom withdrawal restrictions, and session timeout limit to all users to improve the security of your account. They also offer 2FA security and add an essential layer of security while logging into the account.
- Trading view: CoinSpot provides trading view charts of every asset with gain and loss.
- Affiliate and referral Program: People who start an affiliate program with CoinSpot get a unique affiliate code and affiliate link. After signing up, they get a 30% commission. In the referral program, the referrer and referee get bitcoin worth $10 once the new user has completed their AUD deposit.
- OTC: CoinSpot Over-The-Desk trading desk allows its members to perform high-volume transactions without the need for a traditional public order book. Users will have direct access to a professional trading broker for all inquiries.
- Wallet: CoinSpot provides a multi coin wallet where users can deposit and withdraw any cryptocurrency listed on CoinSpot.
To download CoinSpot for Android/ iOS.
CoinSpot fee structure is mentioned in the table below. However, while sending coins to wallets outside CoinSpot, they charge a standard transaction fee. Users can see the current fee on the wallet page.
CoinSpot: Pros and Cons
|Best crypto exchange in Australia regarding security.||Credit cards are not supported|
|Easy to use for beginners.||Users can’t short coins like other websites.|
|310+ assets are available|
|Available for iOS/Android and web version|
|Affiliate and referral programs provide good perks|
Also Read: CoinJar Australia Review | Is it Safe and Legit?
Binance – 2nd Best Australian Crypto Exchange
Binance Australia is a crypto exchange that offers more than 250 assets to start trading. Binance Australia is available for android/iOS/Windows and web versions. Their live data shows that 2.0 bn average daily volumes make Binance Australia the biggest crypto exchange based on daily volume. Users can register and open trading accounts with their ID proof and start trading.
For more details, read our Binance review.
Also, Read: Staking at Binance: Is it safe to Stake on Binance?
- They support currencies like USD, EUR, PHP, AUD, GBP, RUB. Users are free to choose any currency.
- Provide API for developers.
- Binance blogs are available in their portal to get details and learn about investment.
- Low trading fee.
- Binance Australia provides future price predictions that help users before crypto trading.
- Binance is operated by InvestbyBit pty Ltd, a digital currency exchange registered with AUSTRAC. They also provide 2FA security.
- It offers spot conversion of fiat to digital currency and digital currency to fiat.
To download Binance for Android/ iOS
Also, read Binance ETH 2.0 Staking – Everything You need to Know
Binance Australia charges 0.1% trading fees. One more feature is that if a user uses BNB for trading, the user will get 25% off on the trading fee.
Traders are free to use credit/ debit cards for transactions, and PayID/OSKO methods are also available. The minimum withdrawal amount is $50, and the user will receive an amount in their account 1-2 business days as usual. However, debit card transactions charge 4.5% more trading costs.
Also, Read: Binance Card Review: Is This the Best Crypto Card?
Binance Australia offers a VIP program for traders where they charge fewer fees and more discounts. There is a referral program where users can earn up to 40% commissions.
Also, Read: Bitsgap Futures Bot | Binance Futures Trading Bot
Binance Pros and Cons
|Low trading fees – 0.1%||Debit card transactions add more costs|
|Available for every device and web version||Less user friendly|
|BNB reduces trading fees and the VIP program offers more discount|
|No security breaches reported yet|
Swyftx – Most Famous Australian Crypto Exchange
Swyftx is an online crypto exchange available in Australia. It provides more than 280 assets to trade with a minimum of $50. Supporting both a mobile and desktop trading application, Swyftx allows users to buy, sell and trade digital currencies anywhere and by protecting accounts with 2FA and biometric login. It provides a demo mode for users to interact with the platform and get ideas about the platform’s workflow.
Creating an account is free and requires simple details and ID proof. It provides payment option PayID/ Credit card/ Debit card/ Bank account transfer. Swyftx provides articles to read for users on trending assets and exciting trading ideas with all the market updates.
Swyftx is available for android/ iOS and web versions. Other than that, users can install in Windows/ Linux also.
- Offers more than 280 assets to trade.
- Allows Credit and Debit card both for deposit.
- Free bonus in signing up to Swyftx.
- Live chat available.
- Registered with AUSTRAC and complies with KYC.
- Users can buy crypto with Australian Dollars instantly.
- Provide documented API.
- Coinswap: users can exchange any cryptocurrency with others.
Swyftx charges 0.6% trading fees. There is no deposit and withdrawal fee for any amount. Crypto withdrawal costs a network mining fee, but that is not from Swyftx. They are charging spreads lower compared to other competitors. For Bitcoin, they charge 0.45%, which is the lowest. For every asset, they mention spread charges in detail. The minimum order you can make is $1.
Swyftx Pros and Cons
|Accept payment type as PayID/ Debit card/ Credit card||Only AUD currency is available|
|Lowest spread costs.||Not available for other countries|
|More than 280 assets are available|
|Available for all device and provide a good support system|
|Demo mode is available|
Gemini – Best Australian Exchange For Crypto Trading
Gemini is a company based in New York and regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Gemini is the world’s first SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2 certified crypto exchanges and custodians.
Gemini supports multiple fiats like USD, AUD, CAD, HKD, EUR, etc. it provides NFTs on the Nifty gateway. Users can set recurring buys and dynamic price alerts and download their account statements. 50+ cryptocurrencies are available on the Gemini platform. Further, the TradingView is user-friendly and easy to understand. All required information is listed in the chart, and a detailed view is also available.
Read our Gemini Review to know more.
Also, read Gemini vs Coinbase | Which is the Best USA Crypto Exchange?
- Free fiat and crypto withdrawals.
- Mobile app for Android/ iOS and desktop app for windows
- Gemini pay is available where users can pay crypto at stores.
- Security compliance with 2FA security.
- Advanced charts are available with instant buying and selling options.
- Users can earn interest with their crypto by holding them for long term.
Also, read Gemini vs BlockFi – How to Earn more Interest Rates?
Fees of Gemini are a little high as compared to other crypto exchanges. It doesn’t charge a deposit or withdrawal fee. However, banks may charge a fee for transactions. If a user is purchasing crypto for more than $200, the fee will be 1.99%.
Gemini gives free 10 withdrawals of crypto in a month per user. After that fee is based on the coin value.
Also, read Top 6 Bitcoin Credit Card | Best Crypto Debit Card
Gemini Pros and Cons
|More than 6 fiat currencies are available||Some trending currencies are not available|
|Available for all devices||The fee is higher than other exchanges|
|Insurance cover of theft of crypto for every user.|
|Blogs are available with market news|
Kraken – Top Bitcoin Exchange in Australia
Kraken is one of the oldest websites for bitcoin trading and is now available in Australia and supports AUD. Kraken’s interface is user-friendly and easy to understand. Kraken is based in the US and was launched in 2011. It supports more than 60 currencies. Furthermore, Kraken also offers guidance for its users and is famous for its transparency. In addition, Kraken supports Australian dollars for transactions that make it comfortable for Australian traders.
Read our Kraken review to know more.
Also, read: Best Paid And FREE Crypto Trading Bots
- OTC: Over the Counter desk is available for trading blocks of $100k, 2k bitcoins. It provides users with execution and settlement services that are discreet, secure and ultra-competitive.
- Fiat currencies like AUD, USD, JPY, EUR, CAD, CHF are available.
- Provide Google authenticator and 2FA security and real time monitoring for suspicious activity is available.
- Cryptowatch: Cryptowatch keeps tabs on the crypto markets and makes trades when the conditions are right.
- Affiliate program: The payout is 20% of the trading fees collected from the client’s user refer. Social media influencers can also be benefitted by affiliate programs.
Kraken is available for every device, including windows/Linux, Android/ iOS, and web versions.
Also, read Binance vs Kraken | Which Crypto Exchange you should Choose?
Kraken’s trading fee structure varies depending on trade volume and also the type of trade. User Deposits cryptocurrencies with standard network fees, and deposit fees vary depending on which currencies you are using.
In Kraken pro, Kraken uses a maker-taker fee schedule with volume incentive based on user activity in one month. Kraken also takes margin fees that are applied and trading fees at the opening and closing of margin positions. Users are limited to maintaining a 365-day maximum term for maintaining opening margin positions.
Kraken Pros and Cons
|24/7 Support available||The fee varies according to trade volume|
|OTC desk available|
|The oldest platform for crypto trading|
Best Crypto Exchanges in Australia: Conclusion
All crypto exchanges mentioned above are secure, and users can start trading quickly. However, exchanges that provide Over the counter are used for high-level trading and maybe a little hard to understand for beginners. All platforms provide learning for beginners, and Gemini gives insurance for every user. All trending exchanges don’t charge deposit or withdrawal fees till some amount, and the minimum limit is also good with beginners.
Kraken provides a good feature, but users might not like varying fee structures, and other platforms charge a constant fee. If a user is concerned about security, all mentioned platforms are secure and protect data as their policy. We have mentioned all benefits and losses of using every platform. Find the one which is best for you.
Which currencies are supported by swyftx?
Swyftx only supports AUD.
- Does Gemini provide insurance cover for theft of currency users?
Yes! Gemini provides cover for currency users.
Which crypto exchange charges less trading fee?
CoinSpot and Binance charge only a 0.1 % trading fee.