The top futures brokers we recommend for you are TradeStation and NinjaTrader. However, NinjaTrader only deals in futures, whereas TradeStation is a multipurpose brokerage, offering an array of asset classes. You can find an overwhelming selection of data feeds, research tools, customizable technical indicators, and real-time market analysis on both platforms. While these brokerages are most suited for advanced traders, they are gradually trying to cater to novice investors.
You can sign up for both platforms, but if you want more information before making your decision, here is our NinjaTrader vs TradeStation comparison.
Table of Contents
|Founding Date||2003||1982 (established as Omega Research, Inc.)|
|Founded By||Raymond Deux||Monex Group, Inc.|
|Country||United States||Based in the UK but owned by Japan’s largest online financial services providers|
|Mobile App||iOS, Android||iOS, Android|
|Full Address||Headquartered in Denver, CO||Headquartered in Plantation, Florida|
Originally, NinjaTrader was only installed on desktops, but since 2021 it has also been available on mobile devices. Tradestation, on the other hand, can be accessed via desktop software or a web browser. However, there are different minimum requirements for each platform.
- In addition to the web-based service, you can also download it to your desktop.
- There is a mobile access option for both Android and iOS users.
- A 1GHz or 32-bit, or 64-bit processor is available, with 2GB of RAM and a solid-state drive (SSD).
- Besides the web-based service and Mobile app, you can also download it on your desktop.
- It has a dual-core or AMD processor that is 1.5 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, a 400 MB hard drive, and it runs Windows 10, 8, and 7 in a 64-bit environment.
NinjaTrader vs TradeStation: Pricing and Subscription Options
This category will include subscription plans directly connected with the leading trading platform.
- You have access to free live futures/forex market data, powerful charting, and strategy backtesting.
- Live trading is available free of charge for NinjaTrader users (limited features). A lifetime subscription to the platform is also available.
- If you desire free access to TradeStation 10, you must purchase TS Select Subscriptions.
- Users of TradeStation can access the platform for free through TS GO and TS SELECT. Platforms are leased for a monthly fee if brokers do not have accounts.
Also Read: 3 Best Futures Trading Bots | Future Bot
Data and Trading
NinjaTrader vs TradeStation: NinjaTrader
- Future Trading is more affordable with NinjaTrader. By offering low margins and deep discount commissions, the company keeps your futures trading costs low.
- You can trade futures on NinjaTrader for as little as $0.09 per micro contract. As for the most liquid and famous markets, $50 margins are offered by the company, which is relatively low compared to other brokerages.
- NinjaTrader’s futures trading is incredibly intuitive, thanks to the many tools and services it offers to support your trades.
- A free 24-hour emergency trade desk and unlimited simulated futures trading are available through the company.
- There is also extensive historical data and unfiltered professional market data.
- The platform also includes more than 100 indicators and hundreds of third-party trading applications.
With NinjaTrader, you can automate your multi-market trading strategies across multiple futures markets, eliminating emotional trading and saving you time. The advanced trade management feature lets you define trade exits and entries in advance for great consistency with your trades. In addition, with NinjaTrader, traders have free access to extensive market analysis, advanced charts, and trade simulations.
Also Read: Best Crypto Trading Signals for Huobi
NinjaTrader vs TradeStation: TradeStation
- Despite offering a wide range of asset classes, TradeStation is a registered futures commission merchant.
- TradeStation offers commission-free futures and competitive market pricing in addition to over 150 futures products. In addition, the company offers trading and analysis services, allowing active and institutional traders to diversify their investment portfolios.
- Trading strategies for futures can be designed, monitored, tested, optimized, and automated through TradeStation’s custom futures trading platform.
- For one-click trading of lots, the company offers lightning-fast order execution capabilities. In addition, you can access all U.S. futures exchanges directly through its 24-hour global market analysis.
- You can also backtest trading strategies with the help of futures market data, as it offers years of continuous contract data over time.
- Using the EasyLanguage tool, you can automate many of TradeStation’s strategies for futures trading. Prices for futures contracts are pretty low as pretty, with contracts starting at $0.25 per side.
With TradeStation, you can trade futures globally around the clock, diversify your investment portfolio, and take advantage of the power of leverage. Trading futures provides you with leverage, flexibility, liquidity, low rates, stock trading, etc.
NinjaTrader vs TradeStation: Customer Support
- There is a 24-hour emergency hotline and weekend technical support for 24×7 customer support.
- NT has a great user guide that’s exceptionally well written and a free support forum available on its website.
- The comprehensive customer base of NT has resulted in numerous online resources.
Also Read: NinjaTrader Review: Is it the Best Broker?
- It provides both data and trading capabilities.
- You will be impressed with how well TS handles proprietary support articles/ videos; it has incorporated help articles right into the platform (e.g., Definitions button on indicators). Training manuals are available as well. You can also download PDF guides and video tutorials for free.
- Over 100,000 results were returned by a simple Google search for the TradeStation tutorial.
Pros and Cons
In comparing TradeStation vs. NinjaTrader, we also need to consider several other factors. As a result, you will find detailed information on getting started with the platform, fees, and brokerage support.
NinjaTrader Pros and Cons
|A robust set of analytical tools.||Trades derivatives only such as options and futures.|
|You can download and simulate trading for free.|
|Enhance your trading experience with open-source trading apps.|
TradeStation Pros and Cons
|A comprehensive trading platform with professional-level tools.||New traders have a weak understanding of what they pay because of a confusing pricing structure.|
|A wide range of securities is available for trading.||It is challenging to navigate TradeStation’s platform because of its cluttered layout.|
|Fully functional mobile app.|
I think both of these trading platforms are fantastic. Professionals and retail traders will both benefit from them. However, it was close in each category. The clear winner was almost always a famous platform. Ultimately, I believe TradeStation to be the clear winner. While TS delivers many of NinjaTrader’s standout features, it seems to do them just a little better. The NinjaTrader platform had a significant advantage once upon a time when it came to trading commissions. With TS Select, you get free access to a desktop, web browser, and mobile platforms and no commissions.
What is better, TradeStation or NinjaTrader?
TradeStation offers a more diverse range of asset classes than NinjaTrader, even though both binary options brokers are tops in futures trading. However, NinjaTrader’s platform is entirely free to use; it offers a variety of free tools, low commissions, and the ability to use it endlessly.
NinjaTrader is suitable for stock trading?
If you want lots of technical analysis tools, NinjaTrader is the platform for you. Chart Trader (a chart-based order entry tool) is a platform that features excellent charting, real-time analysis, customizable technical indicators, as well as thousands of apps and add-ons from third parties.
TradeStation costs how much a month?
Investors who are not brokerage clients can subscribe to TradeStation’s products, which cost $99 per month for non-professional traders and $199 for professionals