Confused between two of the most leading cryptocurrency exchange platforms? We have the solution right here with our trending and informative blog about Coinbase vs Cex.io, where we are going to compare both of these platforms and present you with the most reliable and trustworthy information that would make you choose the best one out of the two. Read our blog and get rid of the ongoing dilemma now!
|Point of distinction||Coinbase||Cex.io|
|Fees charged||0.00% – 0.50%||0.00% – 0.25%|
|Mobile-based application||Android and ios application is available||Android and ios application is available|
Also, read: How to Mint NFT on Coinbase?
Table of Contents
What is Coinbase?
There are many options for buying, selling, and managing cryptocurrencies. Coinbase is one of those options. In addition to, offering a straightforward way to buy and sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Solana, and many other cryptocurrencies in the exchange, it’s also a digital portal that makes crypto-investing an accessible option for beginners as well as experienced investors. Coinbase was established by Brian Armstrong in the year 2012, with its headquarter being located in Wilmington, Delaware, United States. Coinbase is one of the world’s best crypto exchanges which is supported in more than 100+ countries. Lastly, Coinbase, all transactions are very secure and strongly encrypted. To learn more, read the Coinbase review.
Also Read: Top 5 Coinbase Alternatives
What is Cex.io?
The cryptocurrency market is booming, and Cex.io has been working hard to keep pace with the market growth. Cex.io keeps on upgrading its services, giving its users a lucid experience. Further, it was founded by Oleksandr Lutskevych in the year 2013.
The headquarters of this exchange is located in Jersey City. Cex.io provides a very easy way to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Solana, and many other cryptocurrencies. Cex.io provides many features like margin trading, staking, and many others. With over a million registered users and it is used in 99% of countries all around the world. To learn more, read the Cex.io review.
Coinbase vs Cex.io: Features
Being one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinbase has become one of the most popular bitcoin wallet platforms in existence. Here are some features to consider when using Coinbase:
- Coinbase is available for more than 100 countries all around the world; it also has more than 73 million users on it.
- It provides its user with a very stable and secure wallet; it also gives its user insurance on their crypto, which is provided by FDIC insurance, up to a maximum amount of $250,000.
- In Coinbase, 98% of the funds of users are stored offline; it also provides a 2 step verification of all accounts for the security of users’ funds. Further, you can use the Coinbase wallet to store your funds for free.
- It provides its user with a huge variety of newly launched and old cryptocurrencies so that a user gets a huge variety of crypto to choose from and trade with it.
- Users can exchange the cryptocurrency by us dollars or by crypto to crypto exchange.
Also, read 5 Best Coinbase Competitors
Cex.io has many eligible features, some of them are mentioned here below, which would help you to know the platform really well:
- Cex.io is available in 99% of countries, with more than 4 million users registered on it.
- It assents with PCI DSS standards to secure the funds of the users.
- Users can buy the cryptocurrency either by us dollar or by crypto to crypto transaction.
- It provides a very good and easy-to-understand interface which helps the new users very much to trade.
Coinbase vs Cex.io: Fees
Looking at the fees structure of Coinbase pro, we come to know that Coinbase charges its fees which range between 0.04% and 0.50%. A deposit’s fees are charged on credit, and debit card investors have to pay 3.99% to Coinbase. To learn more, read Coinbase Fees: Cheapest Exchange in the USA?
Cex.io charges comparatively lesser fees as compared to Coinbase. Its fees vary between 0.00% to 0.25%, which also depends on the volume of the trade.
It also charges fees on the deposit, which ranges between 0.00% to 3.99%, and also a withdrawal fee. The fees are charged according to the payment methods used for it.
Coinbase vs Cex.io: Mobile App
As the market leader in cryptocurrency exchange, Coinbase offers mobile apps for both Android and iOS. The interface is easy to use, making it perfect even for beginners in the cryptocurrency field. With this app, you can buy or sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Polkadot, Terra, and many other such cryptos directly from your phone.
- It provides us a live dashboard that helps the user to see the live prices of cryptocurrency and to manage the there portfolio from their phone only.
- They provide us with the latest charts and news of the crypto for best results
Also, read: How to transfer from Coinbase to Coinbase Pro?
Cex.io mobile application is a convenient and reliable solution to manage your bitcoin assets on the go. With Cex.io mobile application, you can easily buy, sell and check the current portfolio price anytime and anywhere. Download its Android and iOS based application now.
- There is a feature of price alert, which helps the people to know when their target price is reached.
- The Cex.io mobile app provides all the functions of a Cex.io web platform, so it supports all the analytical tools which are mainly used by experienced traders.
Coinbase vs Cex.io: Security
- Coinbase and Cex.io are both US-based cryptocurrency exchanges, so they are subject to the same regulations as any financial institution in the country.
- By being regulated, these exchanges have proven their compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) laws established by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- These exchanges control users’ private keys, acting as an intermediary between cryptocurrency buyers and sellers.
Also, read: How To Withdraw from Coinbase?
Coinbase vs Cex.io: Affiliate Programs
Who doesn’t like to make extra money with little effort? If you are a user of Coinbase, then the process would be easier and familiar for you. With each referral, you can earn commission from Coinbase in the successful creation of a referral account. Website owners have their own merits while referring Coinbase to others. You can place ads and link your blogs to Coinbase. Every successful account creation through your website would reward you with the extra commission from Coinbase. Hence, If you are promoting Coinbase, you are also promoting your chances of earning through it.
Cex.io Affiliate Program is a revenue-sharing affiliate program that allows the Owner of a website or a person to promote the Company and generate revenues from cryptocurrency and fiat money transactions carried out on Cex.io through the affiliate’s referral link.Cex.io affiliates can earn up to 30% commissions on trading and exchange fees by referring new customers to the platform.
Coinbase vs Cex.io: Customer Support
You can easily ask for support and assistance from Coinbase by choosing the category in which you want to take their help and continue the process further. You can also directly search for your query by typing in, and the suggested solution would automatically appear on your screens. If you are not satisfied with the services provided, you can directly message them and talk your query with some of their executive available. Coinbase also provides calling services for help, or you can also register your query with them in the support section of Coinbase.
When you choose Cex.io, you are not just trading on one of the most transparent exchanges in the world but also choosing to support a company that is dedicated to its best-in-class services for its customers. Its customer service agents are available around the clock 365 days a year to ensure your experience with us is top-notch, even if it is 3 am. If you have any issues with the platform or products, simply create a request, and they will assist you.
Also Read: Bitpanda vs Coinbase vs Coinsbit
Since much of the information has been covered in our blog about Coinbase and Cex.io, making the decision regarding the same would be easier for you now. Both these platforms are tremendously good and offer unique features which help the users throughout. With the latest upgrades and fixes, these platforms are getting better and better while providing the best services and experience to their users.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to withdraw my money from Coinbase?
You can simply sign in to your Coinbase account and click on the Withdraw button next to the cryptocurrency in the Balances section. A pop-up window will appear and ask how much money do you like to withdraw and where do you want to withdraw. To learn more, read How To Withdraw from Coinbase?
2. Is there a fee for Coinbase?
Yes, Coinbase charges a fee according to the Coinbase pro fees structure, the fees range between 0.00% to 0.50%.
3. Where is Cex.io located?
Cex.io is located in Jersey City.
4.Cex.io credit card fee?
Cex.io charges fees while depositing via credit card are 3.99%
5. How to withdraw to our bank from Cex.io?
Simply sign in to your Cex.io account, click on the finance, click the withdrawal button in the top right corner of the page, then select International/ Domestic bank transfer. Enter the amount you want to withdraw, then fill the all the bank details.