Digital Surge Review: Is it Safe or Legit?
Digital Surge is an Australian crypto exchange where customers can buy, trade, and store more than 270 cryptocurrencies. Thanks to its low fees and excellent customer support, Digital surge is a perfect choice for traders of all levels. Is it, however, a fair trade for Aussies; let’s find out in this Digital Surge review?
|Cryptocurrency||BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, UNI, DOT & 270+ more|
|Deposit Methods||Bank transfer, Cryptocurrency, POLi, PayID|
|Supported Fiat Currencies||AUD|
|Supported Countries||Australia only|
|Deposit Fees||Free for Cryptocurrency and PayID Deposits|
|Transaction Fees||Range from 0.5% to 0.1%, depends on the volume|
|Withdrawal Fees||Free. Network transaction fee to send coins to an external wallet is applicable|
|Mobile Application||Available on Play store|
|Customer Support||Live Chat, Help Desk, FAQs|
Table of Contents
Digital Surge Overview
Josh Lehman and Dan Rutter created Digital Surge, a Brisbane-based start-up, in 2017. Both Lehman and Rutter have over a decade of experience in the financial technology industry. The platform places a high value on user experience, resulting in a smooth and straightforward trading experience. It also provides educational resources for newbie traders, a personalized digital wallet, and bill payment options with Bitcoin.
- The seamless verification process for interested traders.
- More than 270 Cryptocurrencies are supported.
- Funds can be deposited via Bank transfer, Cryptocurrency, POLi, and PayID.
- User-friendly interface that is perfect for budding traders.
- Users can pay bills with Bitcoin.
- Personal digital wallet services that are both secure and free.
- Personalized and proactive customer support.
- Options like price alerts, trigger orders, and recurring purchases.
- Bitcoin Pay Wizard tool for learning about trading
- Client manager to help build your trading strategy.
- Educational resources such as workshops & blog articles.
Digital Surge Review: Interface
Digital Surge’s user interface reveals how it caters to new traders. The dashboard is in keeping with the theme because it provides a lot of information for easy trading. Customers may see the whole portfolio on the screen, including pricing, exchange rates, and the performance of the top coins. Moreover, it accomplishes its goal flawlessly, allowing even inexperienced traders to conduct transactions with ease.
Also Read: CoinJar vs CoinSpot | Which is the Best Australian Crypto Exchange?
How to get started with Digital Surge?
Digital Surge provides an ecosystem in which users can invest in cryptocurrencies and tokens. The simple platform allows users to deposit Australian dollars (AUD) via bank transfers, such as PayID and POLi Payments.
Account Creation Process at Digital Surge
To create an account on Digital Surge
- Visit their website and sign-up using Facebook or make a new account.
- Fill up information such as your email address and a password.
- Check the terms and conditions section.
- Then, click on create your account.
- Digital Surge will send a verification code to the provided email.
- The process is complete once you confirm the email.
Account Verification Process at Digital Surge
To verify an account on Digital Surge.
- Once the email address is verified, select the “Verify Your Account” option.
- Keep a Valid ID for verification online.
- Allow access to the camera to complete the facial recognition test.
- The platform will evaluate your request once you’ve provided the documentation.
Digital Surge Fees
The increasing popularity of Digital Surge is because of its low-cost trading fees.
- Instantly buy and sell fees: 0.5% for both.
- Trading fees: range from 0.5% to 0.1%, depending on the trading volume during 30 days.
- Withdrawal fees: Withdrawals in Australian dollars are free. When transferring to an external wallet, there is a network transaction fee. The price will be displayed before the withdrawal.
- Deposit fees: Deposits of cryptocurrency and PayID are both free. Deposit costs for POLi start at $2 and go up to $3.30.
Also Read: CoinSpot Review 2021 | Safe? Here’s What You Need to Know
Digital Surge Review: Deposit and Withdrawal
Depositing on Digital Surge works in the same way as it does on other exchanges. Depositing AUD can be done through PayID (instant) or a traditional bank transfer. When you deposit money into your Digital Surge account, you’ll receive a PayID (email address) that you’ll use to complete the transaction. Your PayID should be kept private, and money should only come from your bank.
While PayID is used for deposits, your BSB and account number is still required for withdrawals. NPP/Osko, on the other hand, has been added as an alternate method of withdrawal by Digital Surge.
Is it Digital Surge Safe?
Yes, Digital Surge uses Security policies, including two-factor authentication and server encryption. In addition, it is registered by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and the Australian Transaction Reports & Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC). Furthermore, the exchange protects users’ digital currencies using a cold and hot Digital Surge wallet. Customers can feel safe storing cryptocurrency in Australia because of the country’s independent reserve system. It has never had data theft or breaches since its inception, demonstrating its capabilities.
Also Read: CoinJar Australia Review 2021 | Is it Safe and Legit?
Digital Surge Review: Customer Support
The customer service personnel at the Digital Surge cryptocurrency exchange are exceptionally prompt and personalized. Customers can contact them via email or live chat for any concerns. It also has a frequently asked questions section to help reduce the amount of time people spend on live assistance.
Digital Surge Alternatives
Swyftx: Swyftx and Digital Surge have a lot in common regarding the onboarding process, features, supported currencies, and fast AUD deposits and withdrawals. The only difference is that Swyftx charges a slightly higher transaction fee than Digital Surge.
Coinspot: CoinSpot is a good alternative to Digital Surge. With over 2 million members around the country, this is a highly safe exchange.
Independent Reserve: It is an Australian crypto exchange that was created in 2013. Independent Reserve has a tiered fee structure that provides greater value for money than Digital Surge for big transactions. Live chat option with customer care is not available.
BTC Markets: It is yet another cryptocurrency exchange situated in Richmond, Australia. There are just a few crypto assets offered for trading, and no live chat help is available.
Also Read: Best Crypto Exchange | Top 10 cryptocurrency exchanges
Pros and Cons
- The user interface is easy to use, making it excellent for beginners.
- Quick identity verification processes.
- Face & fingerprint recognition compatible
- The fee structure is reasonable and well-defined.
- Prices and buy alerts are simple to set up.
- Wide variety of coins to trade.
- Customer care is available via live chat and email every day.
- Deposits can be made in fiat currencies or via bank transfers.
- Bill payment facility available.
- Mobile Application is available on both Playstore and Apple store.
- Integration with Koinly & CryptoTax Calculator, making crypto taxes simple
- Deposits in fiat currency are only accessible in Australian dollars.
- There are no services for credit card transactions.
- Only offers a spot market for BTC-AUD and ETH-AUD.
- Not compatible with e-wallets like PayPal
Conclusion: Digital Surge Review
The simplicity with which Digital Surge allows its users to trade cryptocurrency sets it apart from other crypto exchanges. Digital Surge is an exchange worth checking out if you reside in Australia, especially for new traders. It’s difficult to ignore its elegant user interface, quick deposits, low trading costs, tradable coins, free AUD withdrawals, and superb customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get my account upgraded?
Upgrading your account is quick and easy. First, you will need to provide a photo ID proof and a selfie with you holding a handwritten sign with the writing “Digital Surge” and the current date. Then, you can start the verification process by clicking the Upgrade to level 2 button in your Account Settings.
What is the daily limit for deposit and withdrawal?
The default daily deposit and withdrawal limit for all accounts is $20,000 per day. PayID (also known as Osko) and POLi are two AUD deposit options.
How can I increase my daily limits?
On request, daily limitations can be adjusted to up to $100k each day.
To complete the upgrading, you may be asked to supply further information. To apply, log into your account and contact customer service staff through live chat.
Does Digital Surge Have an App?
Yes, you can download the app in a matter of seconds from the Android or Apple app store.
How to install the App on the Desktop?
To install the app, make sure you’re using Chrome. You may pick the ‘Install App’ option from your Digital Surge Account Menu after logging in. Android and Windows Desktop users will use this feature (scroll down if you use an iPhone or Apple device).
You’ll be asked to confirm the installation and add the shortcut to your start menu or home screen.