We believe nothing can teach you as much as reading a good book can. Therefore, in this article, we’d be talking about the 10 best books on crypto assets or blockchain technology. Moving ahead, if you’ll want to go deeper into the crypto economy; you’d at least know where to start.
Table of Contents
- Many great resources are available for anyone who is still new to crypto and wants to learn about it.
- The cryptocurrency market has evolved a lot since Bitcoin’s inception.
- Books on cryptocurrency help you understand the technology behind how the crypto market works.
What is Crypto?
Cryptocurrency is a digital medium of exchange that uses cryptography techniques to secure and verify transactions. Cryptocurrencies are not subject to any regulations as any government or central banks do not issue them. Bitcoin has become the fastest-growing crypto in the last few years, with many other cryptocurrencies following it.
Best Books on Cryptocurrency
Cryptoassets by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar
This book is an innovative investor guide from two experts on the rise of Bitcoin and blockchain technology. Today, there are over 1000+ cryptocurrencies, but initially, bitcoin was the first crypto asset. This book will give you all the tools that you might need, and those are as follows:
- It provides users with an actionable framework for investigating and evaluating crypto assets.
- It teaches portfolio management techniques to maximize returns while managing risk.
- It offers historical context and tips to navigate inevitable bubbles and manias.
- It gives users practical guides to exchanges, wallets, and capital market vehicles.
- The book offers predictions on how blockchain technology may disrupt current portfolios.
Blockchain Revolution by Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott
In this revelatory book, Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott bring us a highly readable and brilliantly researched book about the blockchain technology that is driving the future of the economy. The book keeps this in mind and offers a broad insight into what could happen in the future of blockchain technology and topics such as new business models that may be developed.
Blockchain Revolution shines a light on where it can lead us in the next decade as blockchain technology drives bitcoin and other digital currencies.
The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedeen Ammous
The Bitcoin Standard analyzes the economic properties that have allowed Bitcoin to proliferate, the historical context to the rise of Bitcoin, and its likely political, economic, and social implications. Saifedean takes the reader on an engaging journey from primitive trading limestones and seashells to metals, coins, and the gold standard.
Moreover, it takes you through the history of technologies performing the functions of money and modern government debt. This book is for the serious thinker, imaging how economics may change in coming decades and centuries and what part digital currencies like Bitcoin can play in future commerce standards.
The Age of Cryptocurrency by Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey
Why should anyone care about bitcoin? The definitive answer to this question is present in the book “The Age of Cryptocurrency”. Cryptocurrency holds the promise of a financial system without an intermediary. Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey set out to present the differences between today’s natural cash system, banks, chequebooks, gold, and a world that runs on digital money. The Age of Cryptocurrency opens with an anecdote about a woman in Afghanistan who accesses money via Cryptocurrency and has no bank account.
Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Technologies
Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Technologies provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the revolutionary yet often misunderstood new digital currency technologies. Whether you are a student, tech entrepreneur, software developer, or researcher in computer science, this self-contained and authoritative book tells you everything you need to know about the new global money for the Internet age.
The book consists of several topics such as decentralization, mining, altcoins, and the cryptocurrency ecosystem, the politics of Bitcoin, the future of Bitcoin, etc.
- The book provides an introduction to the new technologies of digital currency.
- It covers the history and mechanics of crypto and the blockchain, security, anonymity, decentralization, altcoins, politics and regulation, and much more.
- It also features an accompanying website containing instructional videos, programming assignments, homework problems, and lecture slides for each chapter.
- Electronic solutions manual.
Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Mastering Bitcoin is your ultimate guide through the seemingly complex world of bitcoin, providing you with the knowledge needed to participate in the internet of money. Whether you’re building the next killer app or simply curious about the technology, this cryptocurrency book provides you with the essential details to get you started.
- Broad introduction of bitcoin and its underlying blockchain ideal for investors, business executives, and non-technical users.
- It explains the technical foundations of bitcoin and cryptographic currencies for engineers, software developers, and systems architects.
- It contains details of the decentralized bitcoin network, transaction lifecycle peer-to-peer architecture, and security principles.
- New developments such as Segregated Witness, Lightning Network, and Payment Channels.
- There are user stories, examples, analogies, and code snippets illustrating key technical concepts.
Bubble or Revolution by Neel Mehta, Adi Agashe and Parth Detroja
Some experts say that crypto is the most important invention since the internet, and others say it’s just a scam. Bubble or Revolution book cuts through the hype to offer a comprehensive, accessible, and balanced analysis of blockchains and cryptocurrencies. With this crypto trading book, you will learn the core concepts of Blockchain technology and Bitcoin to understand their weaknesses and strengths from real-world case studies. Moreover, one can even dive deeper into their economic, political, technical, legal complexities and gain insights about their future from dozens of tech industry leaders by their exclusive interviews.
The below points will give you many insights into the book:
- Understanding the workings of blockchain and Bitcoin from a technical perspective.
- There is a thorough overview of crucial crypto concepts (e.g. blocks, keys, mining, nodes, etc.)
- Major application scenarios for blockchain and cryptocurrencies and where it’ll fall flat.
- Moreover, one can even dive deeper into their economic, political, technical, legal complexities and gain insights about their future from dozens of tech industry leaders by their exclusive interviews.
The Book of Satoshi by Phil Champagne
Bitcoin is the world’s first cryptocurrency and went online in 2009. Since that time, it has completely revolutionized our concept of money and currency. Bitcoin is a virtual currency based on advanced cryptographic systems, not supported by any government or central bank, and completely electronic. Furthermore, the identity of Bitcoin’s creator Satoshi Nakamoto is virtual, entirely existing only online, just like the currency he created. Through this book, one can parse through what Bitcoin’s creator wrote over the two years. Here in this book, you will find Bitcoin’s potential and profound economic implications, Bitcoin’s fundamentals presented in layman’s terms, and the Seminar paper which started it all.
Digital Gold by Nathaniel Popper
This book tells the history of the creation of the first cryptocurrency. Readers will better understand why the idea of a decentralized payment system after reading this book. The author also addresses the questions: “What is money?”; “Is there a better option?”.
Digital Gold charts the rise of Bitcoin technology through the eyes of the movement’s colorful central characters, including a Chinese entrepreneur, an Argentinian millionaire, Bitcoin’s elusive creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, and Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss.
Cryptocurrency 1×1 by Andrew P. Hammond
Face the truth that no one is comfortable with being broke. But, if it doesn’t make you live in frustration and perpetual lack, it will fade out every ray of hope left for you, but that’s by the way. There is a better, more enticing fact, and here’s it: you can constantly live above lack and enjoy financial breakthroughs without having to play fast and loose. This crypto book is set to introduce you to the hard facts about cryptocurrency that would change your economic trajectory.
This book will find all you need to know to become a crypto expert and trade successfully with no stress and expense. The book contains:
- An easy-to-grasp explanation of cryptocurrency.
- How to deeply understand blockchain.
- There is a step-by-step guide available on how to achieve maximum return and invest in cryptocurrencies.
- Pitfalls that readers should watch out for and how to avoid them.
These books will surely help you dive deep into the crypto trading space. Hence, allowing you to gain some knowledge without being in danger of “burning” your pocket. These are among the best books to learn about cryptocurrency as you will discover many topics and issues that will help you learn a lot.
Here is the free download link to the books:
ZLibrary: Head over to Z-library, and type the name of the book you wish to download. You can either download pdf, epub, or even send it to your kindle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best book to read about bitcoin?
For even more than a decade, Bitcoin has been evolving continuously. Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M. Antonopoulos gives its readers a broad view of all the critical events that have shaped Bitcoin. Moreover, it also provides information about the important development from its history.
Why is reading, researching cryptocurrencies beneficial?
Reading and researching cryptocurrencies is beneficial as they are becoming more and more popular. There are many ways to get the required knowledge, either through websites, books, popular blogs or news sites. Reading about Cryptocurrency will eventually help increase your knowledge and understanding of this unpredictable and new market.
How are cryptocurrencies used in the real world?
Tokens like Bitcoin are being used worldwide as a means of payment and store of value, even from a very niche market to a global financial force.