Did you know ThePirateBay was one of the first adopters of Bitcoin? Now when crypto assets have gained significant popularity, BitTorrent launched its own digital token, called BTT. Therefore, this article shall provide you with information related to BitTorrent and BTT Token. “Where can I buy BTT?”, “How can I buy BTT?”, “Is BTT safe?” Every question is answered here, so read the full blog to get an insight into BTT cryptocurrency.
Table of Contents
- BitTorrent is a communication protocol that facilitates peer-to-peer file sharing and distribution of electronic data in a decentralized manner.
- BTT is BitTorrent’s token cryptocurrency. TRON acquired BitTorrent in 2019 and introduced BTT.
- Furthermore, BTT is used for a variety of purposes which includes purchasing bandwidth and sharing files.
- Various prominent cryptocurrency exchange platforms such as Binance, Coinbase, WazirX, Huobi Global, KuCoin, CoinDCX, etc., all facilitate the easy purchase of BTT. You can signup using the buttons below to get extra discount on trading fees.
- Decentralized Exchange Platforms such as Pancakeswap, Uniswap, and SimpleSwap also extend their services to BTT. It can also be acquired at SwapSpace and SwapZone.
- However, before investing in BTT tokens, one should carefully examine all the advantages and disadvantages and decide.
What is BitTorrent?
BitTorrent by Rainberry Inc., in essence, is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing communication protocol. With the help of BitTorrent, customers can easily share and distribute electronic data in a decentralized manner over the internet. Developed by Bram Cohen in the early 2000s, BitTorrent is specifically known for its fast speed. Hence, people and platforms worldwide use it to share big files, videos, and other data over the internet in seconds. Giants like Google, Netflix, Facebook rely on the BitTorrent network to provide high-speed, top-quality services.
What is a BTT coin?
BitTorrent was acquired by the TRON foundation in the year 2019. Furthermore, the TRON foundation introduced BitTorrent Token (BTT) cryptocurrency. Built as a TRC-10 token on TRON Blockchain, BTT cryptocurrency was initially brought in to monetize the services provided by the network and expand its protocol.
Apart from adding incentives to torrenting, BTT Token is used for several other purposes. Firstly, it is used to buy bandwidth to experience high-speed download from a DApp called BitTorrent Speed. Secondly, BTT Tokens are also required at BitTorrent File System (BTFS), a decentralized cloud storage platforms like Siacoin, Filecoin, etc. Thirdly, BTT coins are largely used by those who wish to share files on their systems or request files from providers.
Where to buy BTT Token?
Given that BTT tokens are gaining immense popularity, top crypto platforms add this decentralized coin to their lists. You can download the Apps or purchase directly from their respective websites.
Some of the most famous and reliable cryptocurrency exchange platforms that offer BTT coins are given below:-
Decentralized exchange platforms (DEX) to buy BTT
Decentralized exchange platforms (DEX) that extend their services to BTT coins are-
How to buy BTT on Huobi Global?
Huobi Global is one of the leading global cryptocurrency exchange platforms. It extends its services to a wide range of digital currencies and offers the best liquidity.
To learn more, read our Huobi review.
You can trade BTT for various coins like BTC, USDT, etc., on Huobi Global. However, here we will take an example of USDT to explain the process, which is the same for every pair.
Steps to buy BTT on Huobi Global
- Firstly, create an account on Huobi Global using an email id and password.
- Secondly, complete the verification and identification process and Fund your account.
- Thirdly, go to the ‘market’ section and search for ‘BTT’ under the USDT column.
- ‘BTT/ USDT’ price chart will open up on your screen. Select the market option.
- Fill in the amount of USD you want to spend to buy BTT and click on the ‘Buy BTT’ option given in green.
- Confirm the transaction, and BTT will be successfully added to your account.
How to buy BTT on SimpleSwap?
SimpleSwap is one of the most reliable decentralized exchange platforms. You can quickly buy BTT on SimpleSwap by following simple steps. Let’s see how:-
To know more read our SimpleSwap Review.
- Start by creating an account on SimpleSwap.
- After that, choose the cryptocurrency you’d like to swap for BTT in the first drop-down list. Here BTC.
- Fill in the amount of BTC you wish to swap for BTT.
- Now in the second drop-down list, select BTT. Again, the estimated amount of BTT that you’ll receive will be displayed.
- In the recipient’s address, fill in the address where you wish to deposit the purchased BTT.
- After cross-checking all the information, click on the Exchange button.
- Now transfer the required amount of BTC to the Bitcoin deposit address displayed on the screen. Finally, wait for the transaction to complete.
How to buy BTT on WazirX in India?
WazirX is one of the most popular and trusted cryptocurrency exchange platforms in India. It has a vast list of tokens to choose from, and that too at competitive trading fees.
To know more read our WazirX Review.
Follow these simple steps to add BitTorrent tokens (BTT), to your account:
- Sign up or sign in to your account on the WazirX platform.
- Complete the identification and verification process.
- Deposit funds into your WazirX account.
- On the ‘Exchange’ page, go to the ‘INR’ section. After that, select the ‘BTT/INR’ pair from the list.
- You’ll find the latest BTT price there; fill in the amount of BTT you want to buy.
- Now click on ‘Buy BTT,’ and your transaction shall be successful after the verification process.
How to earn free BTT tokens?
You can now earn BTT coins for free by lending them on various crypto lending platforms. Leading crypto lending platforms offer competitive interest rates on major cryptocurrencies. For example, to earn free BTT tokens, you can lend them on the CoinDCX lending platform. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Log in or sign in to your account on DCXlend.
- Transfer BTT tokens to your CoinDCX account.
- From the list of cryptocurrencies given, choose BTT.
- Fill in the amount of BTT you want to lend and input the time for which you wish to lend your coins.
- Click on the Lend button. Now you will receive free BTT tokens as per the interest rate in your account at the end of the set period.
Pros and Cons of investing in BTT
|BTT coins help in improving the ecosystem of the BitTorrent network.||Speed up of BitTorrent network by BTT Token not guaranteed.|
|With BitTorrent Token, you can avail Premium BitTorrent features like high-speed downloads and Decentralized cloud storage.||No bridge between the crypto world and torrent users.|
|Earn money by sharing distributed files and data.||Price fluctuations. Moreover, no price predictions as crypto prices heavily rely on market conditions.|
BitTorrent Token brings together torrenting and decentralized features. The striking features related to BTT coins, like high-speed downloads, no problem of diminishing files with time, and many others, have been on the rise. Giant cryptocurrency exchange platforms like Binance, Huobi, Coinbase, CoinDCX, and WazirX facilitate buying, selling, and trading BTT. Although BTT is easy to acquire and cheap, one should remember that it comes with its own set of disadvantages and risks. Therefore any decision regarding Investment in BTT should be made after proper research and thorough planning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is BTT token price prediction?
Anyone who claims to predict the price of decentralized currencies is a fraud. The cryptocurrency value changes every second. The one way out is to do proper research and stay updated with the latest BTT Token news, refer to BTT coinmarketcap. They have BTT price charts, BTT price, and other information like where to buy BTT coin, BTT Wallet, etc.
Is BTT token a good investment?
Any investment can be a good investment if done after proper research and with due caution. Similarly, investment in cryptocurrency can also lead to heavy losses if not done right. The same is the case with BTT.
Where to store BTT tokens?
Since BTT is developed on TRON Blockchain, every TRON wallet will support BTT tokens and can be used to store the same.