The cryptocurrency market has experienced a little bit of shakeup in the past few weeks. Bitcoin has once again proven to be a highly volatile asset.
With the price volatility, one might think it’s hard to get a maximum yield on their crypto assets. However, there are ways to get the most out of your crypto, even when the market price is plunging. Read this YouHodler vs KuCoin vs CoinRabbit article to know more.
KuCoin is a safe and easy-to-use cryptocurrency exchange platform for the global audience to trade crypto assets. Furthermore, the platform is based in Seychelles and the founding members are experienced in running projects such as Ant Financial and iBox PAY.
Kucoin is often called “The People Exchange.” The platform offers various features such as trading bot, margin trading, futures trading, lending, etc. Furthermore, according to the platform 1 out of 4 HODLers globally use KuCoin;
Kucoin has its cryptocurrency, Kucoin Shares (KSC). If you hold KSC coins, you will get an impressive discount on trading fees and earn more crypto. Furthermore, according to CoinMarketCap, KuCoin is among the top 10 crypto exchanges in the world.
- User-Friendly and Interactive Platform – KuCoin’s interface has a contemporary design where traders can enjoy the fun of robust trading. This feature will make trading even more enjoyable for you.
- Efficient Engine – It can handle millions of transactions per second (TPS).
- Advanced-level Charting – You can look for exciting and advanced charts on Kucoin for a more in-depth understanding of your trading strategy. KuCoin uses TradingView Charts which have indicators too, with the help of which you can reach a decision.
KuCoin Rates and Fees
KuCoin offers lending services for several cryptocurrencies, including USDT and KCS. The amount you can lend, and the interest rates vary based on the market. The daily interest rate for USDT lending ranges from 3% to 70%, depending on the coin you are lending.
For USDT lending, the term options are 7 days, 14 days, and 28 days, and the estimated profit is displayed based on the amount and term selected.It is important to note that of all the interest earned on KuCoin, 10% goes to an insurance fund and 5% is taken as a trading fee.
Additionally, if the collateral of the borrower loses its value, the lender may face a loss. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider the risks before participating in lending on KuCoin.
KuCoin: Security and Risks
KuCoin is a cryptocurrency exchange that has been operating since 2017. While there are risks associated with any exchange, KuCoin has taken steps to maximize the safety of its website and protect its users’ assets and personal information. KuCoin implements security features like KYC (Know Your Customer) and 2FA, which are standard protocols in the industry.
Additionally, KuCoin has partnered with distinguished custodian services to secure and ensure the safety of its users’ assets. KuCoin also goes above and beyond to stay safe and secure by being part of a digital security-focused alliance that partners with other services and accredited individuals to fund projects that enhance security in cyberspace.
Ease of Use
KuCoin aims to be easy for beginners to use while retaining features and tools suited to experienced traders. The exchange has a web interface as well as a popular mobile cryptocurrency app. Compared to some competitors, KuCoin offers low trading fees, making it an attractive option. KuCoin also offers a wide range of cryptocurrencies that can be traded, giving users the opportunity to diversify their portfolio.
However, some users have reported negative experiences with KuCoin, including issues with customer support and platform performance. Additionally, KuCoin is not licensed to operate in the United States, which may be a concern for users who prefer to use regulated platforms.
KuCoin: Pros and Cons
- KuCoin lending allows users to earn interest on their cryptocurrencies, providing a passive income stream
- KuCoin has relatively low fees compared to other lending platforms, making it an attractive option for users.
- Users have the ability to set their own interest rates when lending on KuCoin, allowing for greater flexibility
- As with any lending platform, there is a risk of default by borrowers or loss of collateral if its value decreases.
- KuCoin is not licensed in the United States, which may be a concern for users who prefer to use regulated platforms.
|Supported Assets||Interest Rates||Fees|
|All popular assets||0-2% daily||5% of accrued interest as fees.10% as an insurance fund|
Another contender for the CeFi platform that offers favorable interest rates for a savings account is YouHodler. Originated from Switzerland, YouHodler is a crypto-backed loan provider that allows users to borrow, swap, and earn on their crypto assets.
The crypto interest-earning account at YouHodler enables users to earn up to 12% APR plus compounding interest. Supporting popular assets such as BTC, ETH, and BNB, users can also earn interest on their fiat through stablecoins such as EURS, USDC, and USDT.
YouHodler is packed with a range of features such as crypto loans, exchange, savings account, and trading. Similar to CoinLoan, YouHodler also offers crypto-backed loans to borrowers. By collateralizing their crypto assets, borrowers can quickly access fiat loans without actually needing to liquidate their crypto assets.
As with many other CeFi platforms out there, these loans are over collateralized, meaning that you have to lock up your crypto that’s higher in value than what you’re borrowing. In this case, YouHodler has one of the highest loan-to-value (LTV) ratios at 90%.
The exchange feature enables you to exchange cryptocurrency, fiat, and stablecoins and you can also buy crypto with a credit card and your SEPA bank account.
The Interest earning account at YouHodler will turn your idle assets into passive income instantly with 12% APR for stablecoins and up to 8% for other cryptocurrencies.
Trading doesn’t come easier at YouHodler, with the name Multi HODL, the trading feature is geared towards those who want to gain profit from the market volatility in both directions, up and down, without hassle.
YouHodler Rates and Fees
At the time of writing, YouHodler supports 22 cryptocurrencies for its interest account. Most notably, it offers 4.8% APR for BTC deposits, 5.5% for ETH, and up to 12% for stablecoins.
Please note that these rates will have a compounding effect and users will receive the payouts on a weekly basis every Monday.
You need to deposit a minimum of $100 to begin earning interest. As for fees, YouHodler charges USD 25 per deposit for depositing with USD SWIFT accounts and EUR 25 per deposit for EUR SWIFT accounts.
There are no fees when depositing with crypto or stablecoins. There is a minimum withdrawal amount of $10-$50 in crypto equivalent. For more details on the fee schedules, click here.
YouHodler Security and Risks
The assets at YouHolders are stored with Ledger Vault and included in its $150 million pooled crime insurance led by Arch UK Lloyds of London syndicate.
YouHodler allows users with balances over USD 10,000 to lock their financial assets and disable withdrawals.
Due to legal requirements, YouHodler is not available to the USA, Bangladesh, China, Iraq, Pakistan, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan, and Palestinian Territories residents and citizens.
YouHodler Ease of Use
YouHodler is designed with simplicity and efficiency in mind. The design is nothing of the extraordinary as they focus on the product offerings. The signup process can be done within minutes and as with any CeFi platform, you need to complete the KYC process which is fortunately quite easy and quick.
Furthermore, the YouHodler wallet app allows you to transfer your crypto, convert to fiat, exchange to other cryptocurrencies, and hold the funds to earn interest in the same mobile application.
|Supported Assets||Interest Rates||Fees Schedules||Insurance|
|22||Up to 12% APR||0 fees for deposits (except SWIFT), 0 fees for withdrawals (except for the blockchain fees).||$150 million pooled crime insurance|
YouHodler Pros and Cons
- Some of the highest LTV in the market for borrowing
- Earn interest on crypto and fiat stablecoins
- $150 million pooled crime insurance from Ledger Vault
- You can borrow, swap, and earn without hassle on the same platform
- Higher loans fees compared to other similar platforms
- Not available countries like USA and China
- Not the best solution for long term loans due to high-interest rates
CoinRabbit is a cryptocurrency lending platform that facilitates loans between investors and borrowers. It was founded in 2020 with the goal of making cryptocurrency work like a traditional currency for holders and lenders. The platform aims to provide a secure and user-friendly environment for lenders to earn interest on their assets and for borrowers to take out loans without the risk of losing their collateral.
- Loan flexibility: Borrowers can use the loans obtained from CoinRabbit for any form of spending, including further crypto investing.
- Asset protection: CoinRabbit partners with Guarda.com to provide asset protection services, ensuring the security of users’ collateral.
- Exchange services: CoinRabbit has partnered with ChangeNow.io to offer exchange services, allowing users to easily convert their cryptocurrencies.
- Monitoring and security: CoinRabbit monitors loans 24/7 to minimize the risk of loss for lenders.
CoinRabbit Rates and Fees
CoinRabbit offers cryptocurrency lending services with competitive rates and fees. Here are some key points about CoinRabbit’s rates and fees:Rates:
- CoinRabbit offers interest accounts that earn a 10% annual yield at this time.
- The annual percentage rate for loans depends on the selected crypto loan currencies and ranges from 12% to 17%.
- CoinRabbit charges zero fees for depositing crypto as collateral or withdrawing funds.
- Borrowers who take out loans for less than 30 days will pay a $100 (or equivalent token) fee for each loan.
- CoinRabbit says that it never charges withdrawal fees, but if investors withdraw their funds in less than three months, they’ll not only forfeit their accrued interest, but they’ll “pay all the network fees for the withdrawal”
CoinRabbit Security and Risks
CoinRabbit has implemented several security measures to ensure the safety of its users’ assets and personal information. Here are some key points about CoinRabbit’s security and risks:
- All funds are stored in cold storage wallets that can only be accessed by several IP connections and through a VPN.
- CoinRabbit partners with Guarda.com to provide asset protection services, ensuring the security of users’ collateral.
- CoinRabbit has a risk-control system in place to minimize the risk of loss for lenders.
- All customers can protect their accounts with an additional 2FA security layer.
- CoinRabbit does not ensure users’ funds, which means that if their website came under a cyber-attack, users might lose some or all of their funds.
- While CoinRabbit says that “Your funds are protected and insured,” it doesn’t explicitly explain how.
- CoinRabbit is uncomfortably vague about its security practices, and the terms and conditions don’t specify insurance policies, nor do they require CoinRabbit to store assets with a specific secure third party.
Overall, CoinRabbit appears to provide a user-friendly experience with its easy-to-use interface and flexibility in investment options. However, it is important to consider the potential risks associated with the lack of regulation and insurance before using the platform.
|Tokens supported for loan||Interest Rates||Fees Schedules||KYC|
|USDT, USDC||Up to 10% APY||No fees on deposits and withdrawal||No|
CoinRabbit Pros and Cons
- CoinRabbit is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- The platform offers unlimited loan periods, giving users flexibility in their investment options.
- CoinRabbit has a low LTV (Loan-to-Value) ratio, which reduces the risk of loss for lenders.
- CoinRabbit does not require KYC (Know Your Customer), which may be a concern for users who prefer to use regulated platforms.
- The lack of insurance for users’ funds may be a risk for some users.
- CoinRabbit is uncomfortably vague about its security practices, which may be a concern for some users
In Conclusion: YouHodler vs KuCoin vs CoinRabbit
After comparing YouHodler, KuCoin, and CoinRabbit, each platform has its own unique features and benefits. Here is a breakdown of each platform:
- Offers crypto lending and exchange services.
- Provides rewards for holding CEL tokens.
- Offers a variety of loan options and flexible terms.
- Has a user-friendly interface.
- Provides insurance for users’ funds.
- Offers a global cryptocurrency exchange with low trading fees.
- Provides an easy-to-use platform for lending and borrowing crypto assets.
- Offers a variety of cryptocurrencies that can be lent.
- Implements security features like KYC and 2FA.
- Has partnered with distinguished custodian services to secure users’ assets.
- Offers cryptocurrency lending services with competitive rates and fees.
- Provides a user-friendly platform with unlimited loan periods and a low LTV ratio.
- Does not require KYC